The Reno Media Group story began in 1982 when Tom Quinn and several partners purchased a small Lake Tahoe radio station, which they soon moved to Reno. The company, previously known as Americom, later expanded with media properties in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Fresno, California. In 1998, Americom created Reno Radio Representatives to help northern Nevada businesses improve the effectiveness of their advertising and marketing.
To better reflect the full scope of our operations -- including our expanded Internet, social media and video operations – our company was renamed Reno Media Group in 2010. The new name better describes our business, which combines websites, radio broadcasting, video, assistance in development of marketing plans, client branding, Internet audio streaming, SEO and SEM, and social media.
Reno Media Group includes some of the strongest marketing vehicles in Northern Nevada. Among them are:
- KRNO 106.9 MoreFM, Reno's most popular and top-rated radio station for more than 17 years.
- KLCA Alice 96.5, a powerhouse with women and home of the “Bill and Connie” morning show.
- KLCA HD-2 SWAG 104.9 and 93.5 in Carson City, a driving force with young adults.
- KODS 103.7 The River, Northern Nevada’s classic hits station.
- KOLC Ten Country @ 97.3, Northern Nevada’s new country station, always playing 10 hits in a row.
- KLCA HD-3 The Rodeo 96.9 FM and 1230 AM, great country from the 90's.
- KSGG Power 92.5 FM, classic Hip Hop hits from the 80's and 90's.
- KLCA HD-4 Juan 101.7 FM, Spanish-language adult hits focused on the ’70s ’80s, ’90s, and 2000s.
- KBZZ 96.1 FM & 1270 AM The Buzz, a refreshing brand of discussion.
The radio stations also have mobile-responsive websites and active social media pages. Most stream live on their websites and mobile apps to computers, tablets and smartphones.
Nearly two decades ago we offered Reno’s first radio and TV traffic reports, we created 10-second saturation advertising packages called “Power Impacts”, and we provided the area’s first comprehensive Audience Qualitative Reports, allowing advertisers to better direct their messages to potential customers. We pioneered sales training programs for our own staff, who are now expert in all areas of digital media and able to help clients develop integrated marketing programs that combine the strengths of broadcasting and targeting of the Internet.
With Northern Nevada’s economy growing, and with the new Tesla gigafactory being built, our area is poised for significant progress, and we’re here to help companies expand their sales with cost-effective marketing approaches. We are focused on continuing the great relationships we have forged over the years and we look forward to developing new ones with businesses that want to take advantage of the latest 21st century marketing opportunities.